Wednesday, July 23, 2008

what 70's year are you?

I have been playing with some new finishes and with all the grad pics, it has been fun to try them out. Its amazing how a finish can change the mood and total look of your image. The options are endless. Thats why we get to call it art... The big things right now in photography, decor and design is a vintage crossed with 70's look all in a modern package. When I showed a few to mother on the earlier post, she couldn't figure out why they were faded. She is worried that everyone is going to think that I forgot how to expose a picture the right way. Dont worry mom, it's "cool". I think...

So just for the record and to lighten things up a bit, I want to hear what you think. Are you "into" this look, or do you go for the the supersaturated bright urban look, or are you traditional and die hard for the black and white (i broke the mold with my own version i call espresso, not so grey and blue if you notice ) and color??

Share your comments. Tell the world. Stand up for something great. Well , maybe this isnt that something but it could be great, if you want it to be. I think it's great. If your not into standing up and shouting it out then email me. The first email gets a free 8x10 of choice in your favorite finish. Do it. I know your dying too....in the meantime I am going to see what other finshes I can create. Kami by the way is wearing this years version of '72. After I named the first one 70's it only made sense to go by year. Hey, it made wine great why not this!

I need some sleep. Things are getting out of hand around here. That means its time to change names and hit the road. I heard that recently. That when things get too personal, this is a risk by the way you take on blogs, you can just sign off as someone else while you save your own face. In that case, have a good night.

Maudella Bloomingdale.


























There you are Kate! You are famous! We'll get the rest done soon!